When Dave at Roadmaster called asking Rhino to help troubleshoot with some trailer mud guards, the timing was perfect. Dave has been tasked working his usual magic refurbishing a trailer into something that looked brand new. Here at Rhino we’d been working on a guard to suit trailers that looked great, performed well, was available off the shelf and could be easily installed.
The existing guards on the trailer were not fit for purpose, in a number of ways:
- Poor Design. They looked average with a square box shape.
- Low Performance . The square guards were far from the wheel and did little to protect the wheel or reduce spray.
- Not Available. Being custom-made they were not available off the shelf.
- High Cost. We shudder to think what they would cost by the time they were designed, cut, folded and welded.
- Hard Installation. They required complicated brackets and a fair bit of work to install.
Alloy Smooth Quarter Guard (ALSQT606)
Our team at Rhino are constantly experimenting with different materials and designs. We had recently developed an stylish, high performing and cost-effective alloy solution that was off the shelf and easy to install. The target was the trailer market where full guards may not be suitable. This was the ideal chance to trial the design – we agreed the specifications with Roadmaster and launched into production. Alloy is a great metal as it is light but strong and offers versatility in finish as it looks smart either by itself or painted. The guards are characterised by the signature Rhino curved finish and perfect rolled edges.
This was another great collaborative project – thanks for the opportunity Roadmaster. Alloy Smooth Quarter Guard can be ordered using Part Number ALSQT606. Please feel free to get in touch if we can help with anything for your next build by completing the form here.
The result is outstanding – the trailer was used to promote a major brand.