Rhino services a wide range of markets including car trailers, boat trailers, box trailers, jet ski trailers, lawnmowers and general trailers. We are continually impressed at the innovation we see with customers in design, material, manufacturing and tailoring for different markets.
A great example of innovation has been Secure Trailers who make high quality trailers and custom trailers mainly for the marine market. Secure Trailers can be found throughout New Zealand and internationally in Australia and the USA.
Charles from Sequor Trailers was having trouble getting timely supply from their existing supplier. These delays were further impacted with the very time-consuming process of installing guards onto the trailer chassis and fitting accessories such as lights and mudflaps.
After several site visits Rhino and Sequor worked together to develop a win-win solution. As a result:
- Design is tailored to trailer design. This is formalised with a simple Pre-production Sign-off to ensure alignment between Secure design requirements and Rhino manufacturing mudguards. Secure ensure they deliver what customers want through utilising the design options offered by Rhino – flat top and round along with single and tandem sizes.
- Material choice improves quality manufacturing process. In this case Secure is using Galvanised Steel after previously using Bare Steel. This ensures there is no rust, quick installation and easy finishing. Secure either paint post-installation or leave the galvanised as is. There is also the opportunity to leverage any other materials in future if required with Rhino offering alloy smooth, alloy propellor, bare steel and stainless steel.
- Customised sizing to suit each type of trailer. Sequor can focus on their business of designing and building trailers for their range of markets and Rhino adds value through delivering mudguards that are fit for purpose.
- Holes for fast installation. Hole punching is now done by Rhino on the flat sheet prior to the sheet being manufactured into guards. The holes are for mounting, lights and mudflaps. The holes are in standardised locations and save Secure hours of installation time.
- Timely delivery. Sequor provide rolling forecasts of demand and Rhino manufactures to schedule.
Charles Winstone, Secure Trailers Managing Director says “Our continuous improvement approach to manufacturing means that we work with our suppliers to get the best quality and efficiencies for production. Working with the team at Rhino has enabled us to explore different options and has ultimately resulted in a decrease of installation time with no loss of quality. The guards cost more than previously but this is more than outweighed by the quick installation and increase in production time, ultimately delivering better value”.
If you would like a trade price from Rhino on mudguards for your light trailer manufacturing – please complete the Request a quote form here.