Our plastic mud guard recycling launched in 2021 was a NZ first in collaboration with some of New Zealand’s leading truck and trailer companies. This is a world-first and a great example of a circular product.
This is driven from our goal to reduce waste to landfill and the improve the environmental footprint for Rhino, our customers and industry. The recycling scheme depends entirely on the ability of everyone to adhere to the requirements so that the recycling can be cost-effective.
To be eligible for guard recycling, please ensure the following requirements can be completed:
- Rhino Plastic Guards only.
- All our products are labelled Rhino with ‘PL’ part numbers.
- Guards must be free from anything non-plastic:
- Attachments, e.g. saddles, clamps or other fittings.
- Metal, e.g. bolts, nuts, screws.
- Debris, e.g. bitumen, concrete, stones or tar.
- Guards must be packed on a pallet with a minimum weight of 200kg (excl. pallet)
- Operate on the basis of an average weight of 5kg per guard (e.g. 5kg x 40 guards = 200kg). This enables economies of scale for freight and recycling processing. Please see the image below for an example of acceptable packing.
- Label the pallet with the sender name, company, contact phone/email and address.
If you can meet ALL of the above requirements, please complete the online application form below and we will assess each application and contact you with further information. Selected locations may qualify for free freight.